Looking for a healthy way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow? There’s still time to stop by your local grocery store so you can cook up something naturally delicious and nutritious that will shamrock the worlds of your family or friends.
Below, find the recipe for one of our favorite zesty little treats that makes cooking with coconut oil especially enjoyable.
Key lime bites
This recipe was created by Tone It Up’s Katrina Scott and Karena Dawn for TODAY.com in 2016. This tasty, healthy treat holds up throughout the years, though!
Ingredients (makes 12 bars)
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 and 1/2 cups lime juice
- 1/2 cup agave, light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- 1 can coconut milk (just the milk, no water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Place avocados, lime juice, agave, vanilla, salt and coconut milk in a high speed blender, and mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the coconut butter and coconut oil while blender is still moving. Kick into high gear and wait until silky smooth.
Pour the mixture into a little tart pan or 7-by-7-inch pan. (Optional: Top with crushed macadamia nuts and coconut flakes.)
Place in the fridge to chill for 8 hours, or place into the freezer for 4 hours.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lime... or a teaspoon of lime zest!
Looking for other ways to keep cooking with coconut oil more often? We’ve got you covered! Head to our blog for additional recipes. And, while you’re at it, make sure to stock up on Skinny Coconut Oil so you’re always ready for your next cooking or baking adventure.